295 George Street, Stewiacke
Looking to improve your child’s reading skills? Hoping your child will love to read? Wish your child had a grandparent living nearby?
Stewiacke Library is starting an Inter-generational Book Buddy Program where school-aged children will be paired up with a senior community member for an hour of games, reading, snacks and fun here at the library!!
Why is this important you ask?
Inter-generational projects have considerable benefits that include:
• strengthening communities to become more age-friendly by breaking down barriers between ages and stereotypes by one age group toward another
• promoting understanding, respect, and sharing of ideas, knowledge, and experience
• teaching the young about aging while teaching the aged about youth
• establishing relationships that help diminish the impact of declining physical and mental health on older people
• improving health outcomes and quality-of-life for the elderly
• building self-esteem and satisfaction for both age groups through the learning of new skills
Our first session will be Tuesday, September 24 from 6:30-7:30 pm.
The program will run every second Tuesday for a total of six sessions with the last one being held on December 3
Please contact the library at 902 639-2481 for more information or to take part in this exciting opportunity!
Newcomers are always welcome to all of the library's programs.
For more information please call 902-639-2481 or visit our website: https://lovemylibrary.ca