General Library Rules
The library is intended for the public use of library materials and services.
In order to ensure that the library is an enjoyable experience, we ask that everyone cooperate with the following rules:
- Noisy or disorderly conduct; abusive, harassing, and offensive behaviour is prohibited.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are not permitted in public areas of the library.
- Parents and guardians of children are responsible for the supervision of their children in and about the library premises. It is our policy that children age 7 and under be accompanied by an appropriate caregiver.
- Animals are permitted in the library only to assist a patron with a disability.
- Those found stealing, damaging or defacing library property or materials will have their library privileges canceled and may be prosecuted.
- Soliciting, canvassing, or selling in or about the library premises is prohibited.
Shoes and shirts must be worn.
- Members of the public are not allowed in "staff only" areas unless authorized.
- With just cause, persons may be required to make available for inspection all bags and carrying cases upon leaving the library.
- Library staff reserve the right to ask patrons to modify their behaviour or to leave the library premises if they violate these rules.