OverDrive Help for Windows Devices
How do I download OverDrive onto a Windows device?
Simply click or tap the ‘Store’ tile, and search for “OverDrive” and then tap “Install” when it is found.
How do I authorize OverDrive Media Console (OMC) onto a Windows device?
Note - To read the same eBooks on additional computers and devices, be sure to authorize each with the same Adobe ID. You may authorize up to six computers and/or devices with one Adobe ID.
A prompt to authorize your device will display the first time you open OMC.
- Select “Sign up” if you don’t have an account.
- If you already have an account tap “Have An Account”
- Enter your library card number, Facebook login information or email address and password.
Adding a library to OMC
To borrow books from our library:
- Select “Add a library”
- Enter “Colchester-East Hants Public Library” into the search box.
- Select ‘Colchester-East Hants Public Library’ from the search results and then Nova Scotia Public Libraries.
- Open OverDrive Media Console.
- Note: you can borrow items for 7, 14 or 21 days. To select your preferred borrowing period:
- Tap on “Sign In”
- Select “Colchester-East Hants Public Library”.
- Enter your library card number and your PIN number (your PIN number is usually the last four digits of your home telephone number).
- Select “My Account” and then "Settings".
- Choose your preferred borrowing period.
- Select “Nova Scotia Public Libraries” from the “My Libraries” section.
- Find a title to borrow by browsing or using the search feature.
- Tap or click on an available title, then select ‘Borrow’ to check it out.
- Note – eBooks will say "Available" if you are able to borrow them now. eBooks will say "Wait List" if a person has borrowed it already.
- Select “Colchester-East Hants Public Library” from the drop down menu. Enter in your library card number and you PIN number (your PIN number is usually the last four digits of your home telephone number).
- Your library bookshelf will open, displaying the title(s) you have checked out. From here, you can tap on “Go to Loans”.
- Select ‘Download’ to download the title or select 'Read now in browser' to read without downloading.
- You may see a popup asking you to open or save the downloaded file. Click or tap “Open”.
- When you are ready to read or listen to a downloaded title, return to OMC. You'll find your downloaded titles under “Bookshelf”.
How to return a downloaded title
If you finish reading or listening to a title early, you can return it before the end of the lending period using OverDrive.
- From the bookshelf in OMC, tap and hold the cover of the title you want to return. While your finger is on the book cover, drag it down slightly. Select “Return/ Delete” from the bottom ribbon to display the return options.
- You can also return an item early by opening the item and then tapping the center of the screen. Select “More” and then “Return/Delete”
**A limit of 10 items can be out to you at one time
Click to View Printable Instructions